Short summary is given below.
When we try to connect to the Reports Module in Microsoft Dynamics from a desktop (browser) but we receive a
Server Error in '/' Application.
The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
We also get the same error when we try to connect to Settings\Organization Settings\System Settings. When we're loggin into the server (by Remote Desktop) we don't get any errors.
Note that there are 2 ip-addresses configured and DNS is resolving an other ip-address than the server is opening Microsoft Dynamics.
Reports in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 require Kerberos authentication if Microsoft Dynamics CRM and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) are installed on different computers. This requirement means that you cannot use NTLM negotiation.
Add the NTLMForSQLRSServer reg key on the server side.
- On the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server, click Start, click Run, type regedit , and then click OK.
- Open the following registry key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM
- Right-click MSCRM, point to New, and then click DWORD value.
- Type NTLMForSQLRSServer .
- Double-click NTLMForSQLRSServer , type 1 , and then click OK.